It has come ta our attention dat a cupola copies of the Windows XP New Joisey Edition may have been shipped outsida Joisey.
If ya got one a dese, youse may need some help unnerstanin da commands.
Da Joisey edition may be recognized by da unique openin’ screen. It reads: “Windas XP” wit a background pitcha a Hoboken.
When youse start da program, instead a da usual stringy like music, you
hear a little Springsteen. It’s also shipped wit a Sopranos screen sava. Please also note:
- Recycle bin is labeled ” Newark”
- My Computer is called “My Friggin’ Computa”
- The Inbox is referred to as “Da Trunk”
- Deleted items are referred to as “Wacked”, “Erased” or “Rubbed Out”
- Control Panel is known as “The Bosses”
- Performing an “illegal operation” is known as “Enhancin’ da Family Business” and will actually maximize da program instead a shuttin’ it down.
- Hard Drive is referred to as “Da Turnpike on Da Way to Da Shore”
- Instead of an error message, “You Ain’t Gonna Friggin’ Believe Dis” pops up.
Changes in Terminology in Da Joisey Edition:
- OK . . . . Sure ting
- Cancel . . . .Fugetaboutit
- Reset . . . .Start ova
- Yes . . . .Yeah
- No . . . .Nah
- Find . . . .Put a Contract Out On it
- Browse . . . .Get a Looksee
- Back . . . .U-Toin
- Help . . . .Get Your Own Friggin’ Ansa
- Stop . . . .Knock it Off
- Start . . . .Move it
- Settings . . . .Here’s da Rules
We regret any inconvenience it may have caused if you mistakenly got a copy of the Joisey Edition.
You may return it to Microsoft for a replacement version.
You gotta problem wit dat?