Google Solar Array Mountain
Today, Google employs 20,223
people around the world, receiving
a resume every 25 seconds from
eager job-seekers, hiring an average
of nine new employees a day.
A full-size replica of Virgin Atlantic ‘s
Spaceship One (space tourist vehicle)
hangs in the reception area.
To work off the pounds, and the stress . . .
Google has its own state-of-the-art gym . . .
offering weight-training and a host of
exercise machines, rowing machines,
lockers and shower rooms, and two swim-
in-place wave pools.
Other perks include free haircuts, dry
cleaning and laundry, child care, car
services, chiropractors and five onsite
doctors available for employee check-
ups; all free of charge.
Perhaps the most unusual bonus of all…
employees can bring their dogs to work
with them and keep the four-legged
canine in their offices.
We already know that working for Google
has certain advantages, but, believe me,
this giant of a search engine takes the
welfare of its employees seriously as
shown by this decompression (stress)
capsule that is impermeable to sound and
Moving around the complex:
A slide allows quick access from different
floors… There are also poles available….
they are similar to the ones used in fire stations.
Employees can eat all they want for free
from a vast choice of food and drink,
whipped up by in-house chefs.
Typical Google Lunch
Each employee has at least two large screens.
There are 4-6 ‘Zooglers’ per office.
Large boards are available just about everywhere
because ‘ideas don’t always come when seated in
the office’ says one of Google’s managers.
Pool tables, video games, etc. are available
in many areas.
On each floor, there are private cabin areas
where employees attend to personal affairs.
Having trouble with your computer?
No problem… Bring it to this area where
drinks are available while it is being fixed…
View relaxing aquariums on massage chairs
that you control …. Ambiance.
There are many books in this library…even
some about programming!
I would LOVE time out in this room!!
WELL, WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT GOOGLE NOW?
- Google’s $6 Million Feminist Bonus to Lady Engineer [Perks] (gawker.com)
- German Pro-Google Zealots Hurl Eggs at Homes that Opted Out of Street View [Google] (gizmodo.com)
- Google Is Assembling a City [Googleplex] (gawker.com)
- Google Street View Lovers Egg Blurred German Houses (blogs.forbes.com)
- Google Gives $100,000 Toward Bid For Turing Papers (webpronews.com)
- Google sweetens employment with raise and bonus for all (holykaw.alltop.com)
- Google Fires Employee Who Leaked Email About Raises, Bonuses (dailyfinance.com)
- Google Is Testing ‘Social’ Image Search [TNW Google] (thenextweb.com)
- Geeks Get Fitted For Electric Cars Via Google GFleet (allcarselectric.com)