Read and learn………………….
Hellmann’s Mayonnaise – a bit of history.
This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico.
But as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York. The ship hit an iceberg and sank, and the cargo was forever lost.
The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss.
Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning, which they still observe to this day. The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known, of course, as –
Sinko De Mayo.
WHAT??? You expected something educational from me? You need a shot of Tequila after that don’t you?
- How To Make Mayonnaise: The Video (thekitchn.com)
- Perch with Mayonnaise (notecook.com)
- What are mayonnaise (wiki.answers.com)
- A story of garlic butter, lemon salt, dill mayonnaise and dorada, according to Donna Hay (nami-nami.blogspot.com)
- 20-Ton Mayonnaise Spill Shuts Down Part of Interstate (foxnews.com)